Thursday, September 6, 2012

Kiddos Back to School

Hello Friends,
Welcome and Happy Thursday Yippe!!! Are ya getting excited for the weekend?? My week sure flew by:)  I hope you had a chance to check out my Home Decor Project for the challenge over at Decorate to Celebrate.

OK so, tonight is Back to School Night {parents only}  and I thought a little note and a cute card for our son's teacher would be nice to let her know we look forward to chatting with her tonight!! I used the paper piecing technique for this card.  I LOVE this technique and YOU should give it a try!!  Look at the close up below!!


Entering into the Die Cuttin Divas Challenge


Oh I love these ADORABLE kiddos, aren't they the cutest??? I used the paper piecing technique to dress these kiddos with some Designer Paper "Comfort Cafe" and "Summer Smooches"  I LOVE LOVE using the paper piecing technique even though it can take some time to put together but the result is precious! 
My base is white but a little hard to see on photo but you can see it on the pic below,  the Basic Black layer measures 4-1/8" X 5-3/8"  I then took my sewing machine and sewed around the to try and make a circle/oval,  I think it looks like chalk:) 
 I then used the "Apothecary Accents Framelits" to die cut the Summer Smooches DSP for another added layer! You can purchase any  of these products to my card HERE!!

Give this sketch a try and head over to Die Cuttin Divas


Product Suggestion of the Day
Modern Label Punch - by Stampin' Up!
Modern Label Punch119849
Price$16.95
Punches are a quick and easy way to add interest, dimension, and color to your cards, tags, and scrapbook pages. You can glue punched shapes directly onto your projects or layer a sheet of card stock that has been punched over a coordinating card stock for a reverse effect. 
Greeting Card Kids - Clear-Mount Stamp Set - by Stampin' Up!
Greeting Card Kids - Clear-Mount Stamp120633
Price$15.95
The cutesy images in this set seem to jump right off the pages of vintage storybooks. You can recreate the mood of those preciously precocious little ones on several different projects. Imagine the uniquely sweet vintage Valentine, Halloween, and Christma
Set Quantity: 4
Apothecary Accents Framelits Dies
Apothecary Accents Framelits Dies127003
Price$24.95
See what you're cutting with Framelits dies. Use with the Big Shot, Standard Cutting Pads, and the Multipurpose Platform. Apothecary Accents Framelits Dies are designed to cut images from World Treasures Stamp Set and Layered Labels Stamp Set. 4 dies (largest: 4-7/8" x 2-3/4"). Cuts a single sheet of paper.
Click to Order

22 comments :

  1. OMG!! You knocked this one out of the park my friend! The black just sets this off so well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. O this is super cute!! I love the paper piecing!! I really need to start paper piecing more!!
    Kristan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great, great card!! I am sure it will be well received. Good luck with back to school night. We have it tonight as well!!

    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable Card!Great Take on the sketch!Love the color combo!
    Thanks for joining us at DCD this week!
    Migdalia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Norma ~ Well like i tell everyone who sews ~ You had me at sewing! It does look like chalk! What a CUTE card! I actually may have these little stamps! I need to go look! I LOVE that technique too! What a GREAT color combination! LOVE the pearls int he corners too! As always friend ~ LOVE it! I hope your night went FABULOUS! Always fun to meet and talk to the teachers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are cute kids. What a sweet card for a teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  7. really adorable card for the teacher. love it

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw this sure is a cute card, and I'm sure the recipient will love it just as much.... Awesome card Norma!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is just adorable! I love those kids!

    Hugs,

    Chriss

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty card norma..images are adorable..like the stitch on black bg !!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous, Norma!! The image is so sweet...I love the paper piecing!! What a perfect card for a teacher!! Fabulous as always my friend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hola Amiga,

    Wow I love your card!! Thank you for joining our DCD challenge.

    Hugs,

    Veronica
    mommyscraftycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aww, what a sweet card, Norma! Great take on the sketch. Thanks for sharing it at DCD this week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Adorable!!! The paper piecing looks GREAT! Super cute!! Thanks for joining Die Cuttin Divas!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very pretty card!!! Love those kids you used !! Thanks for joining us at DCD this week!
    Gerda
    http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awwww those little students are sooo sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card.You rocked the sketch.Love your sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I totally LOVE this card Norma! As I'm sure the teacher did too.... I love the paper pieceing.... And the stitching too! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats on being Featured this week at DCD for this Amazing Card!!
    Have a wonderful day!
    Migdalia

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hola amiga,

    Love your card, especially the image. It's precious. I know your son's teacher is going to love it. Hope you are doing well. Miss talking to you.
    Thanks for joining us at DCD.

    Hugs,
    Patty

    ReplyDelete
  21. Darling, darling card!
    Love those precious kids!

    Your paper piecing is fab!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments! Thank you for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It